The Small Seminary
A seminary building was built at the beginning of the 18th century on foundations from the Middle Ages and rebuilt later on several occasions. At present, the Seminary of St. Gorazd has its seat there. The three section building originally had a passage leading into a courtyard holding a terrace. In the first third of the 19th century, the north-west storey was added. The next building stage determining the Eclectic character of the building relates to reconstruction undergone during 1876 – 1884 (1888) thanks to the efforts of bishops A. Roškoványi and E. Palugyay. During 1993 – 1995, a new wing was added closing the building into a square with an atrium divided into a courtyard and a terrace. Valuable interior items include stairs with a shell-shaped balcony and metal banisters. The main front is decorated with a plinth and mouldings emphasised with a bossage. Above the first floor semicircular windows the plastics of angels with music instruments can be found. Second floor windows are in the form of edicules with balustrade windowsills. In the middle of the facade stands a portico, with columns holding entablature with decorated moulding that supports the balustrade balcony rails. A semicircular archivolt with an angel closes the portico, and another two angels are in gussets. A small area with two niches, a shell-shaped archivolt and pilasters has been arranged in front of a gate. Behind the gate, two units with a cragged segmental attachment and angels stand against each other. The passage is decorated with columns and pilasters on which a coffered ceiling rests.